Representing Allen Organs Since 1974

St. John’s Episcopal Church, Ross

Ross - Phil Hahn - 600
Dr. Philip Hahn pulled out all the stops when he played the dedicatory recital on the newly refurbished organ at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Ross, California. The Aeolian-Skinner Pipe Organ of thirty-four stops, which was installed in the church in 1961, has been enriched with the addition of sixty-one digital voices built by the Allen Organ Company of Macungie, Pennsylvania. The organ is controlled by a new three-manual Allen Organ console. The combined 95 stops empower the organ and organist to perform the great literature from all periods of musical composition.

Ross Church - 400The late Philip Hahn, former Director of Music at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Ross, was formerly¬†the president of the American Guild of Organists, an association of some 22,000 organists nationwide. Hahn held the Bachelor and Master of Music degrees from the University of Michigan and the Doctor of Musical Arts degree from American Conservatory. He studied organ with Marilynn Mason, Robert Noehren, and Robert Lodine. Further study in organ and composition was taken in France at the Conservatoire Am√©ricain with Nadia Boulanger and Andre Marchal.

Ross - Console - 600

Ross - Jamb L - 1280

Ross - Jamb R - 1256